In Bexley, the Local Authority makes decisions about admitting children to schools. In-year admissions are also made via the Local Authority and places are offered according to availability of spaces.
For full procedures and to apply for a space at Gravel Hill please refer to Bexley Admissions: https://www.bexley.gov.uk/services/schools-and-education
- Parents are invited to apply for the places in our Nursery for September 2024.
- For children born between 1 September 2020 and 31 August 2021 will need to apply directly with Bexley Council school admissions: https://www.bexley.gov.uk/services/schools-and-education/admission-nursery-classes/applying-nursery-class-place
- We have provision for 26 part time morning placements offering 15 hours per week only.
- Children born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020 will be due to start in Reception in September 2024. Applications can be made any time between 1 September 2023 and 15 January 2024.
- Parents are invited to apply for places in our Reception for September 2024 and are advised to consult the following link: https://www.bexley.gov.uk/
services/schools-and- education/primary-schools/ admission-primary-schools
- Gravel Hill will admit 60 pupils into the two Reception classes each September
- Applications for Reception places must be submitted to Bexley admissions
Important dates for parents applying for a reception place
- 1 September 2023 - Application period starts
- 15 January 2024 - Closing date for applications. Don’t be late!
- 9 February 2024 - Last date for address or other essential changes or for applications that are late with good reason
- 16 April 2024 - Offers of places made online. Letters will be posted 1st class to applicants who applied on a paper form
- 2 May 2024 - Last date for accepting and declining offers of places
- 15 May 2024 - Last date for on time appeals for community and voluntary controlled schools
- May to August 2024 - Offers from waiting lists
- June to July 2024 - Appeal hearings
Parents/carers who are not offered a place for their child will be entitled to appeal to an independent committee under the provisions of the:
School Standards and Framework Act, 1998.
A service level agreement has been taken out with Local Authority Independent Appeals Services and Clerks Associates to carry out the role of clerk to administer appeals hearings.
Click below for the appeals timetable:
If you have recently been informed by Bexley admissions that your child has been allocated a place at Gravel Hill, you will be contacted by the school and invited to visit with your child. Parents will be asked to complete an online application form to process the admission. Once all relevant documentation has been completed and received, your child will be able to start at Gravel Hill.
Click the link above to visit the Trust website for more details.