At Gravel Hill, we endeavor to create a love for literacy. We want every child to leave the school with the skills of a confident writer who:
- Has the ability to write clearly, accurately and coherently
- Has effective transcription skills in that they can write accurately (spelling), fluently, legibly and with speed
- Thinks carefully about their language, structure and style choices to suit a range of contexts, purposes and audiences (composition)
- Are competent at speaking and listening, being able to elaborate and explain their understanding and ideas clearly
- Has a wide vocabulary and a firm understanding of grammar for reading, writing and oracy.
Re-reads, edits and improves their writing to ensure each written piece is the best of their ability