Each school receives extra sports funding through Sports Pupil Premium.
At Gravel Hill this amounts to £19,500.
We intend to use the additional funding to improve confidence amongst staff in the delivery of high quality PE lessons across the school and ensure children have a very good understanding of healthy lifestyles.
We feel that this is the most effective and efficient way for the funding to have a long lasting and positive effect on future learning and physical development of children within our school.
The focus for the academic year 2021-2022
To continue to provide high quality CPD for staff and further develop opportunities for children to develop healthy lifestyles in school and outside of school.
To ensure all pupils are active on average for a minimum of 30 minutes a day 7 days a week.
New staff to be the focus of CPD to ensure 100% of staff feels confident at delivering all areas of the curriculum.
The impact will be measured by:
• A greater confidence in planning and delivery of high quality PE lessons
• A deeper understanding of the expectations of the new Primary PE curriculum, including a focus on fitness and health
• Assessments of pupils’ skills and development in PE
• Increased participation in PE and Sport, including links to local clubs and organisations
• Organising activities for children and parents around the idea of "Change for Life", this includes healthy eating as well as the importance of physical fitness